2019 Mallorca 312 sportive

News and updates on Cyclo-sportives, audaxs, and reliability rides.
davidp
Domestique

2019 Mallorca 312 sportive

Post by davidp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 pm

For anyone thinking of doing this sportive the date for next year, 2019, is 27th April. Choice of 3 distances, all of them do the Tramuntana mountains. There will be around 8,000 riders starting and finishing in Playa de Muro which is a 30 min bike ride from Puerto Pollensa, or you can book with Sunvelo, who I ride lead for on occasions, whose 4 star hotel is practicly opposite the start/finish area. They have a discounted rate at the moment, check out their website.
I've ridden this event 4 years ago, it was a great but difficult day as I was still a little unfit following a stent a few months beforehand. Nice flat start, semi neutralised, for 15km, then a long, long climb into the mountains, some up and down bits, through the first tunnel and the Gorge Blau, 1st liquid only feed stop. Then over the Puig Major, highest point of the ride, through the tunnel and then a very fast and long descent to Soller, after which is the stunning coastal route south along the rest of the Tramuntana range, it has the 1st feed proper here, before turning inland and picking up whichever route you have decided on. It's then a mix of nice flat roads and rolling, sometimes hillier bits, 2nd feed stop, then mainly flat back to Playa de Muro to finish. I'd recommend taking a few days, maybe a weeks holiday with the sportive at the latter end, you can then get a feel of the roads and settle in to Mallorca riding before the big day. I don't know if I will be there in 2019 as I don't get my riding dates from Sunvelo until the late winter/early spring, but either way if you decide to enter and do the event, have a great time, and take care on the descents, the roads are very slippery in the wet if there is any rain.
TimT
Directeurs sportifs

Re: 2019 Mallorca 312 sportive

Post by TimT » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Always wanted to do this!
I keep saying maybe next year but two very young children are currently putting stop to this.
Maybe in a few years time :lol: